Holmes Commission Final Report
Town Hall (Part 2)
August 12, 2023
Live Online via ZOOM
[ No CEU's ]
Date: Saturday, August 12, 2023
Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET
Fee: FREE (Open to Public)
Location: (Online via ZOOM)
Thanks to those of you who were able to join us for our Holmes Commission Final Report Town Hall on Saturday. Because of the momentum that was developing in our group process, AAPCSW leadership will be hosting a second town hall on Saturday August 12th from 1-3pm EDT. We hope to see many of you who attended for the first town hall and those who were not able to attend are welcome to join as well. We will resume our discussion of the implications of this report for AAPCSW and ways we can take action.
Below are references and links shared by Teresa Méndez from her moving reflection on her experience serving on the Holmes Commission.
YouTube.com - Jimmy Cliff - The Harder they Come
Holmes Shorter pieces
- The Holmes Commission's Journey toward Racial Equality in American Psychoanalytic Reflection and Hope (PDF)
- The Holmes Commission on Racial Equality in American Psychoanalysis (PDF)
- Final Report of The Holmes Commission Racial Equality in American Psychan (PDF)
- The Trauma of Racism - Lessons from the Therapeutic Encounter.
Beverly J. Stoute, Michael Slevin (2022)
- Internal Racism
A Psychoanalytic Approach to Race and Difference.
M. Fakhry Davids (2020)
- The Paranoid-Schizoid Position and Envious Attacks on the Black Other.
Ebony Dennis (2021)
Download the Commission's Final Report
Brian Ngo-Smith, President, AAPCSW
Janice Berry-Edwards, President-Elect
Teresa Mendez, Past Co-President
Dan Buccino, Past Co-President