“Nice White Therapists”: Deconstructing Whiteness Toward an Anti-Racist Clinical Practice
July 31, 2021 | Virtual
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm EDT (2pm CDT, 1pm MDT, 12pm PDT)
Zoom: Meeting link be emailed to AAPCSW members.
RSVP: Please email Barbara Matos, firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 28th.
Attendance is limited to 18 AAPCSW members.
Christine Schmidt, MSW — AAPCSW member, psychotherapist and well-known racial literacy consultant.
Thank you for joining us over the past few months for our Presidential Salon, “Nice White Therapists”: Deconstructing Whiteness Toward an Anti-Racist Clinical Practice.
Our speakers' compelling presentations opened the discussion. Now we would like to offer our members an additional opportunity to continue the conversation about whiteness and anti-racism.
We invite you to join a small group of 6-18 AAPCSW members on Zoom to reflect together about whiteness. This group will be a space to consider:
- What surprised you in the Salon presentations?
- How does whiteness challenge you in your practice? In your institute or other organizations? In AAPCSW?
- What would it look like for you to disrupt whiteness?
- What will you carry from the series into your personal, professional, and organizational lives?
- Is there any further follow-up from the Salon that you would like to see?
Dan Buccino and Teresa Méndez